Subtropical varieties (8)
Favourites and New varieties (14)
Fruit Trees For Sale
The Secret To Getting Seasonal Fruit All Year Round
If the sight of a ‘fruit trees for sale’ sign makes you feel excited, you’re not alone! The team at PlantNet adore our fruit trees, and we have a wide range of species to ensure your fruit bowl is never empty. The real secret to year-round seasonal fruit is this; buy backyard fruit trees that flower and fruit in different seasons! You’re never going to get big apple trees for sale that fruit in the summer and you’re never going to be able to grow juicy apricots in the winter months, so it’s best to cover all your seasons with a wide variety of trees.
Summer Fruit Trees
If you’re planting fruit trees in summer or spring, you can do so as potted fruit trees. Alternatively, you can grow our bare root fruit trees for sale in the winter months.
- Apricots. If you’re looking to buy apricot trees for sale, just know that they only grow fruit between November February. However, they make for a beautiful plant all year long.
- Plums. There’s a reason you see plums featuring heavily in Aussie Christmas cooking; they grow between November and April. If you’d like to get one in time for Christmas, PlantNet has plenty of plum trees for sale in winter and supply retail nurseries all year round.
Autumn Fruit Trees
As the weather starts getting cooler, certain fruit trees shake off the heat of the summer and begin to grow fruit. Autumn fruits are deliciously crisp and are usually produced in the southern states of Australia.
- Pears. Pears fruiting season is from January – April, so keep that in mind if you’re thinking of buying pear trees for sale.
- Figs. One of our most popular fruit trees for sale is fig trees. They can be kept small for apartment living and yield delicious fruit throughout the summer/autumn months.
- Apples. As the weather is cooling down, apples are in their prime time for harvest!
Winter Fruit Trees
The hardy winter fruits in Australia are usually citrus, but there are a handful of non-citrus fruits that grow exclusively in winter.
- Mandarins. A winter lunchbox favourite, juicy mandarins can be grown from home on our miniature fruit trees for sale. Make sure you harvest them at the right time, as they can be so sour when picked too early.
- Blueberries. This versatile fruit is a favourite in Aussie homes, and the delicious little berries begin to grow in winter and spring.
Spring Fruit Trees
Certain summertime fruits will begin growing in spring, so we can enjoy them for almost six months of the year before they disappear again.
- Peaches. While traditionally known as a summer fruit, peach trees for sale bear fruit from October to April every year, meaning we can enjoy them in the months leading up to summer as well.
- Nectarines. Just like peaches, nectarine trees for sale can grow fruit from October to April, so make the most of them while you can.
All Year Round Fruit Trees
There are a few plants that bear fruit all year round, so if you’re looking for trees that will give you fresh produce all year round, we’d suggest investing in a couple of these.
- Lemons. These gorgeous citrus plants are easy to care for and will grow fruit all year round. If you want life to give you lemons, look for lemon trees for sale.
If You’re Looking For Fruit Trees For Sale, Head To PlantNet
At PlantNet, we’re committed to bringing gardeners the highest-quality dwarf fruit trees for sale online. We want the process of buying and growing seasonal fruit trees to be simple and accessible for all Australians. While we supply retail nurseries nationwide with our potted and bare root fruit trees for sale, we also sell directly to you, so you know you’re getting the very best fruit trees every time. Our team comprises talented, experienced, qualified horticulturists who love sharing their passion for plants with each of our customers. If you’re in the market for seasonal fruit trees for sale, head to our website to see what’s available now.